Tesla CEO Elon Musk, in expressing surprise other automakers haven’t made big commitments to electric cars, said Tuesday he’s thinking of doing something “fairly controversial” regarding the company’s patents.He didn’t elaborate, but says it’s a decision he would have to “carefully explain.”The surprising statement made at Tesla’s shareholder meeting raised questions about whether he may be thinking of a particularly bold act, such as releasing some of Tesla’s patented technology in order to foster further electric car development. CEO: Tesla’s Elon Musk vows to stay on MUSK: Tesla CEO blames Ford for killing S-E-XTesla, he said, sold 22,500 cars last year and is on target to sell 35,000 this year because of key advantages, including longer range per charge than its electric car competitors. It is also doubling the number of high-speed “supercharger” electric stations that it offers, allowing Model S owners to drive intercity or now, across the country, without having to worry about finding a charging station or having to wait hours for their car to fill its batteries.No other automakers, he says, have taken electric cars as seriously. Most are doing what is “minimally required” under rules for non-polluting cars and abandon those projects altogether when the… Read full this story
- Elon Musk to 'Investigate' Tesla's Fremont Plant
- Elon Musk Says the Tesla Pickup Has to Start at Less Than $50,000
- Elon Musk will reveal Tesla’s ‘Cybertruck’ all-electric pickup on Nov. 21
- Tesla announces reveal date for 'Cybertruck,' an electric pickup Elon Musk has promised will be better than a Porsche 911
- After 'going offline' for four days, Elon Musk returns to Twitter
- James Murdoch, Son Of Rupert, Likely to Replace Elon Musk as Tesla Chairman: Report (Updated)
- Elon Musk Says He Can Fix Puerto Rico's Energy Crisis with Solar Panels and Batteries
- Scientist Says Elon Musk's Space Roadster ‘Could Be Considered a Biothreat'
- Teslas will soon be able to stream Netflix and Hulu, Elon Musk says
- Evidence That Elon Musk Is an Alien
Elon Musk hints at surprise move on Tesla patents have 330 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 3, 2014. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.