OK, this is gonna take a not-so-quick, get-you-up-to-speed moment or two.
Earlier this week, Alabama running back Derrick Henry posted a picture on Twitter of himself standing in front of what appears to be an extremely nice and relatively new Dodge Challenger, with a comment of “[e]verybody meet my new baby.” Because the unveiling of an expensive car involved a player from the SEC in general and Alabama specifically, it of course set off a maelstrom of “CHEATERS!!!” accusations across the vast expanses of the Internet.
One of those caught up in the maelstrom? Former West Virginia and current CFL quarterback Pat White, who decided to post the following to his Facebook page Wednesday:
White played his high school football in Mobile, Ala. The Crimson Tide reportedly recruited him as a running back while White only wanted to play quarterback, which he ultimately did — very successfully — under Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia in the middle to end of last decade.
Nick Saban, who was the head coach at LSU at the time of White’s recruitment and is, coincidentally or not, a native of Fairmont, WV, was asked by a media member about White’s “accusations” during a Crimson Tide Caravan event in Nashville. His response?
Or, better yet, his video response? Courtesy of The Tennessean, see below:
And, just like the Jameis Winston video from earlier in the day, that was a letdown. Saban was obviously perturbed by the question, but more along the lines of “gimme a break, get a life, I don’t need this ****” to the reporter than anything untoward in regards to White, which was the initial tack the “kiss my ass” headlines took.
In other words, chalk this up to being the middle of May and meaningful college football action being both a month in the rearview and another couple of months out on the horizon.
- PICTURED: Roxanne Pallett and firefighter Jason Carrion share tender kiss during their first dance as husband and wife at intimate wedding reception in the US... just TWO months after their engagement
- Kevin Clifton snaps as he accuses Piers Morgan of asking him 'generic' questions about the famous Strictly curse as he sarcastically says 'I am sure it happens on GMB, too!'
- Amber Heard goofs around with Janelle Monáe at the Giambattista Valli Paris Fashion Week show as ex husband Johnny Depp claims he can prove her domestic abuse allegations are false
- Recap: Hot Pants!
- Keith Richards Meets the Mounties and Faces the Music
- FMIA Week 12: Why Dominant, Deep 49ers Might Be NFL’s Scariest Team
- How One Panel of a
- Triumphant Trump lashes out 'horrible person' Pelosi and attacks 'dirty cops' in wild post-acquittal speech as he slams 'Mueller top scum' Russia probe and 'evil' impeachment as 'all bulls**t'
- Has Azealia Banks Trolled Her Way Out of a Career?
Nick Saban lobs a ‘kiss my ass’ when asked about Pat White Corvette allegations have 501 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at May 16, 2014. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.