Hollywood star Terrence Howard is supposed to be promoting his new movie, but instead he bashed former friend and co-star Robert Downey, Jr., accusing the actor of dumping him from the massively lucrative Iron Man trilogy.
Howard made the accusation during an interview with Andy Cohen on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live.” A viewer called in to ask, “Why didn’t you come back to Iron Man? I liked you so much in a uniform.”
Frowning, Howard replied, “Would you like to really know? It turns out in order for – this is going to get me in a lot of trouble – it turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man … when it was time to re-up for the second one, took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out.”
He was apparently referring to Downey’s salary for the super hero trilogy, which earned him a reported $50 million for the last film alone.
Howard was on the show to tout “The Best Man Holiday,” his upcoming film with actress Nia Long.
Howard was one of the highest paid cast members in the 2008 original Iron Man, playing U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. James ‘Rhodey’ Rhodes. He was cut from the two sequels.
“The word was that you wanted the same money as Downey,” Cohen said.
“We did a three picture deal, so that means that you did the deal ahead of time,” said the 44-year-old actor of “Crash” and “Hustle & Flow.”
“There was going to be a certain amount for the first one, a certain amount for the second, and a certain amount for the third,” he said.
“They came to me with the second and said, “Look, we will pay you one eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you
“I called ‘my friend’ that I helped get the first job, and he didn’t call me back for three months,”’ said Howard.
Asked how things are now, with Downey, Howard replied: “Oh I love him, God’s going to bless him,” he said sinisterly, causing a gasp from the audience.
“Two words for that,’ responded Cohen. “Messy boots.”
ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO
- Hollywood filmmakers are in Wales to shoot Robert Downey Jr movie
- Army prototypes new self-powering 'Iron Man' soldier suits
- Dwight Howard Reaches Sad, Strange New Stage Of His Career
- Mike Shalin's Working Press: Timing of Hanley release called into question
- O’Sullivan: Don’t get carried away with Robert Williams III just yet
- The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy
- Robbery try fails when man threatens to 'shoot' clerk with his finger
- Florida man goes back to jail after not paying for taxi ride home from jail
- The Best Summer Movie Seasons Ever (According to Rotten Tomatoes)
- Avengers 4 will be shocking: Chris
- 10 things you didn't know about Elon Musk
- Venom 2: Woody Harrelson confirms sequel already in the pipeline
- Ready for a Pinoy superhero cinematic universe?
- Messing around with Marvel
- Review: Infinity War is not a masterpiece but an admirable effort that will have fans queuing for more
- Star Wars 9: Colin Trevorrow addresses his JJ Abrams replacement
- Celebrities celebrate Father's Day 2018 on social media
- Full transcript: Gimlet founders Alex Blumberg and Matt Lieber on Recode Media
- The 10 best movies of 2018 (so far), ranked
- 5 box office takeaways at mid-year
Terrence Howard calls out Robert Downey, Jr. for ‘dumping’ him from ‘Iron Man’ franchise have 556 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at November 15, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.