ENERGY AND CLIMATE DEBATEThe House is back in session this week, and healthcare measures are expected to dominate both chambers. Three conference committees are reconciling differences between House and Senate approved bills. The first will tackle S. 601 and H.R. 3080, the Water Resources Development Act; the second will address the budget, giving a path forward for 2014 appropriations; and the third will focus on the farm bill. Of the three committees, the latter two have the most relevance to energy-related matters.Looking to the future, tax reform is the next significant area of focus for Congress. Our team here at ML Strategies is monitoring the status of tax extender provisions scheduled to expire at the end of the year, including the production tax credit. Traditionally, these provisions are extended, sometimes retroactively, however, efforts to pass comprehensive tax reform have curtailed consideration of the extenders package this time around.President Obama made several energy-related nominations this past week. At the Energy Department, he nominated Madelyn Creedon to serve as National Nuclear Security Administration Principal Deputy Administrator and Ellen Williams as Director of the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy. For the Department of the Interior, Tommy Beaudreau was nominated to serve as Assistant Secretary for Policy, Management,… Read full this story
- Fundamental Change: 69 Executive Orders and Actions Already Put into Place by Joe Biden (Updated)
- Discrimination against Roma remained prevalent, Amnesty International says
- How China's mines rule the market of critical raw materials
- GTA 6 Rumors: Project Americas, Female Protagonist, And Release Date Speculation
- As US drops extradition request, Dawood’s top aide Jabir Moti to walk out of London jail
- Guide To Refresh Rates And Response Times In Gaming Monitors 2021
- COVID-19: Many states unsure on schools reopening
- Police and demonstrators clash during protests over the shooting of a Minnesota man during a traffic stop
- Lee Hart, wife of former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart, dies in Lakewood after brief illness
- Goa Forward party quits NDA; blames CM Pramod Sawant for 'corruption, dishonesty'
Energy and Environmental Law Update - November 11, 2013 have 321 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at November 12, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.