Leading the NewsOffice of Personnel Management Addresses Premiums for Congressional Staffers On August 1st, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) announced it will release proposed regulations within the next week to allow the federal government to contribute to the health care premiums of members of Congress and their staffs. Earlier in the week, President Obama said he was working with Congress to address the issue, which had prompted concerns about a brain drain from Capitol Hill. Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) said he intended to place a hold on Katherine Archuleta, the nominee to be the chief at OPM, until the issue was resolved.House Energy and Commerce Committee Unanimously Approves SGR Bill On July 31st, by a unanimous 51-0 vote, the House Energy and Commerce passed legislation that would repeal the sustainable growth rate (SGR) Medicare physician payment method and shift payment to quality-based measures.Implementation of the Affordable Care ActOn July 29th, CMS issued a release that indicates the ACA and its gradual closure of the donut hole coverage gap has saved 6.6 million Americans over $7 million, an average savings of $1,061 per beneficiary.On July 29th, the White House issued a blog post noting nationwide health care costs grew… Read full this story
- HolisticJunction.com Featured School of the Week August 26, 2007: Bancroft School of Massage Therapy
- HolisticJunction.com Featured School of the Week August 19: American Institute of Massage Therapy
- HolisticJunction.com Featured School of the Week August 26: Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine
- How To Lower Health Dangers: Get More Out Of Your Doctor's Appointment Through Better Communication
- What Works for Oral Health?
- Health Savings Accounts Put You in Control of Your Healthcare
- Plan Your Move: 4-5 Weeks Prior to Your Move
- Important Health Update
- How to Avoid Scams when Buying Health Insurance for Individuals
- Does Health Really Matter If You're Fit?
Health Care Reform Update - Week of August 5th, 2013 have 295 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at August 6, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.