Leading the NewsCMS Announces Matching Agreements for Data HubsOn August 21st, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced its most recent agreement with state entities for exchange data hubs. States are now required to report any suspected or confirmed loss of personally identifiable information within an hour of discovery to their designated Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) State Officer, who will then notify the relevant Federal agency. CMS has posted a draft of the reporting form and has asked for public comments to be submitted by September 20th.Lawmakers Defend Critical Access HospitalsOn August 22nd, a bipartisan group of 20 Senators, led by Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), sent a letter to Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) and Ranking Member Orrin Hatch (R-UT) of the Senate Finance Committee defending critical access hospitals and challenging a report released last week by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Inspector General which criticized hospitals participating in the Medicare Critical Access Hospital program.Implementation of the Affordable Care ActOn August 16th, the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Small Business Majority announced a new series of weekly webinars to help small business owners learn how the ACA will affect their businesses and their employees.On August 19th, HHS announced that it will… Read full this story
- Boy born at 27 weeks weighing the same as a loaf of BREAD defies slim odds to survive the rare condition that killed his identical twin brother in the womb
- Why this week will be a defining moment in the modern history of the Miami Dolphins
- Playing the Indian snake charmers' flute to premature babies in intensive care 'helps them develop outside of the womb'
- Michael Jordan gave $7 million to build a health clinic. Here’s a first look at it
- NFL Week 7 picks: Upset! These two factor should carry the Miami Dolphins
- Trump's Medicaid Crackdowns Are Costing Kids' Their Health Insurance
- Updates on lineups, injuries and more from a jam-packed Adam Gase news conference
- Live updates: All the players the Miami Dolphins have cut from their roster
- Everybody is dealing with something, so Panthers invest in mental health of players
- Diamondbacks at Rockies live blog: Real-time updates from the July 12 MLB game
Health Care Reform Update - Week of August 26th , 2013 have 359 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at August 26, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.