Along with the first full reveal of the hugely exciting Everquest Next, Sonly Online Entertainment announced another title, Everquest Landmark. Quite how they’ve kept its existence a secret I don’t know. If I’d been working on it, self-trumpet blower that I am, I’d have been shouting about it from the rooftops. To be released later this year, preceding Next, it’s a construction and exploration game drawn from the same vein as Minecraft. It’s also the entire toolset used to build worlds and assets for Everquest Next.Everquest Next’s voxel world allows for fine manipulation of objects, on a much more precise scale than more familiar block-based constructs. The construction tools utilise a brush, of variable size, so that large scale structures can be placed and then edges can be smoothed, eroded or embellished.However, in order to build, players have to find resources and to do that they set out into any one of the infinite procedural continents or islands that Landmark produces. When they begin exploring the world, characters have a flag, and in the fine tradition that saw America conquer the moon for future terraforming, planting that flag stakes a claim on the surrounding area.Then the hunt for materials begins…. Read full this story
- UN calls on Ireland to reform abortion laws after landmark ruling
- Bavaria to pass 'save the bees' petition into law in landmark move
- Hidden World War Two message for German bombers revealed after wildfire tears through Irish countryside
- Prince Harry commits to Rugby League World Cup 2021 draw announcement
- Will there be a World War 3? Latest WW3 news as Iran and US tensions rise
- Prisoner release and nuclear deal sees Iran sanctions lifted as US heralds ‘safer world’
- Top 16 must-see landmarks in the world for 2020
- The tourism-free landmarks for real Bay Area residents
- Vegans could win protection under UK discrimination law if landmark hearing rules anti-meat activist was unfairly sacked for his 'religious or philosophical beliefs'
- As Meghan Markle and Prince Harry step down to be 'financially independent,' FEMAIL looks at other royals who have forged their own careers outside of their families
Forging Worlds: Everquest Next – Landmark have 362 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at August 2, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.