ENERGY AND CLIMATE DEBATEThough Congress is out on Memorial Day recess this week, we anticipate a significant amount of work to be accomplished the weeks to follow. The Senate is expected to easily approve Dr. Allison Macfarlane to be Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman, Penny Pritzker to be Secretary of Commerce, and Anthony Foxx to be Secretary of Transportation. It is less clear when the Senate will vote on the nomination of Gina McCarthy to be Environmental Protection Agency Administrator. The spokesperson for Senate Environment and Public Works Ranking Member David Vitter (R-LA) projected the vote to be held in June, although Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) has said he does not have a time frame for the vote.Last Tuesday and Thursday, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee held its second and final forums on natural gas. Issues discussed included export terminals and hydraulic fracturing. Chairman Ron Wyden (D-OR) said he, Ranking Member Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and committee members will have high level conversations in the upcoming weeks to create legislation around recommendations from the participants.The Senate is expected to vote on its version of the Farm Bill following this recess, possibly next week. The Shaheen-Portman energy efficiency package and… Read full this story
- The Energy Challenge
- UK Domestic Energy Price Guide
- LED Lighting as an Alternative Energy Source
- Is Environmental Obstructionism for New Power Plants Eco-Terrorism?
- Improving the Energy Efficiency of Your House
- Can Natural Energy Production Actually Save Our Planet
- Uranerz Energy: Developing Uranium Projects in Wyoming
- Part Five: The Lowdown on the Louisiana Energy Services Uranium Enrichment Facility
- Offshore wind energy market size is anticipated to exceed USD 130 billion by 2023.
- Offshore wind energy market 2016- 2023.
Energy and Environmental Law Update - Week of May 28, 2013 have 274 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at May 29, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.