Top 25 donors supplied more than a third of super PAC cashBillionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson and family poured nearly $40 million into the coffers of GOP-aligned super PACs In the final three weeks of the 2012 campaign, bringing their total giving to the groups to more than $93 million.Adelson ranks as the top donor to the outside spending groups by a wide margin, according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis of campaign finance records. Sheldon Adelson, chairman and CEO of the Las Vegas Sands Corp. Vincent Yu/AP fileSuper PACs raised roughly $830 million in the 2012 election, with conservative groups accounting for about 60 percent of the total, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.By contrast, President Barack Obama’s presidential campaign raised nearly $720 million and Republican challenger Mitt Romney’s raised almost $450 million, according to Federal Election Commission filings.In all, the top 25 super PAC super donors doled out more than $310 million, about 37 percent of all super PAC receipts, according to the Center’s analysis of data from the FEC and Center for Responsive Politics. Ninety-one individuals gave at least $1 million to super PACs and collectively donated more than $330 million, according to the… Read full this story
- What Is a Super PAC? A Short History
- Mother-of-three, 28, who gave birth in a coma finally woke 23 days later when her newborn son was placed in her arms
- Super League Final: Salford win would be bigger than Leicester’s Prem title, claims boss Ian Watson
- Spotify's Discover Weekly reaches 40 million users and 5 billion tracks streamed
- Super PAC Drops $38K On Worcester Mayoral Race
- Super PAC Spends Big On Marlborough, Worcester Candidates
- US election 2016: Who's funding Trump, Sanders and the rest?
- 'This Week' Transcript 11-3-19: Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Rep. Eliot Engel, Rep. Steve Scalise
- Steyer Is Convinced His $110 Million Trump Impeachment Crusade Won’t Backfire On Dems
- ‘This Week’ Transcript: Ambassador Sergey Kislyak
Adelson Gave $40 Million to Super PACs in Final Weeks of Election have 303 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at January 1, 2013. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.