Podcast Transcript: This ABA Journal podcast is brought to you by WestlawNext, the most advanced technology combined with market-leading content and West’s history of trusted editorial excellence. Helping legal professionals save time is what they’ve been doing for over 125 years. Learn more at WestlawNext.com.Stephanie Francis Ward: People often don’t want to part with their money, especially when they’re divorcing. I’m Stephanie Francis Ward, and today we’re discussing family law assets recovery with Randall M. Kessler, an Atlanta, Georgia lawyer; and Ira Freedman, who practices in Beverly Hills.Randy and Ira, welcome!Ira Friedman: Hi, thanks for having us.Stephanie Francis Ward: Let’s start this out–I have a question for both of you. And Ira, perhaps you want to take this first. Are there some ethical ways to shield assets in a divorce and if so, can you give me some examples?Ira Friedman: Well, unfortunately, it’s a slippery slope between shielding assets and fraud. And in California, you are required when you first file for dissolution of marriage–which is the California equivalent of divorce–you have to disclose all of your assets. And if you don’t disclose them, the other person can not only get half of the assets when it’s uncovered, they can… Read full this story
- Citibank last of big banks to offer Paycheck Protection Program loans
- Teddy Forstmann: Okay, So I Did Bet Thousands That IMG Sports Clients Would Lose
- 5 tips to protect your network from hackers when staying at home
- Credit card payments for bets banned from today to help those with spiralling debts
- UK lawyers inundated by divorced parents arguing over lockdown custody
- How to Handle Disputes & Divorce amid Coronavirus, According to Celebrity Lawyer Laura Wasser
- Collin County Collaborative Divorce Attorney Recognized by Collaborative Divorce Texas
- NM–Chicago Client Relations Center Earns Top Honors
- Cardin: Trump Admin Request to Fund PPP Alone Won’t Help Those Who Need Disaster Money
- Ant McPartlin divorce – how much is the deal and why did they split?
Show Me the Money: Helping Clients Find and Protect Assets in a Divorce have 334 words, post on www.abajournal.com at February 5, 2012. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.