On 13 December 2011, ENN Energy Holdings Limited (ENN Energy) and China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) jointly announced the acquisition of all outstanding shares in China Gas Holdings Limited (China Gas) for HK$16.7 billion (approximately RMB 13.6 billion or US$2.1 billion), adding that this acquisition triggers a requirement to notify and obtain clearance from China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM). Clearance from MOFCOM would therefore be one of the preconditions for ENN Energy and Sinopec to close the transaction.According to the offer announcement ENN Energy made, the acquisition will enhance the market position and geographical coverage of ENN Energy. As of 30 June 2011, ENN Energy had 100 piped gas projects in 15 provinces, autonomous regions and directly administered cities in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). As of 30 September 2011, China Gas operated 151 city piped gas projects, nine long distance natural gas pipeline projects, 112 compressed natural gas refilling stations for vehicles, one natural gas development project and 44 liquefied petroleum gas distribution projects in 20 provinces, autonomous regions and directly administered cities in the PRC. According to media reports, ENN Energy has licences to run piped gas projects in more than 30 cities while China Gas covers… Read full this story
- Mobile PSA Systems Are Boosting The Healthcare Industrial Gas Market, A New Study Shows
- Smart Meters Market Size Valued at USD 29,583.1 Million by 2023 at 9.55% CAGR, Predicts Market Research Future
- Trinity Investments Limited – Trump Goes Ahead with Further Tariffs on China
- Asia Pacific's Electronic Manufacturing Industries Offer The Industrial Gas Industry Good Opportunities, New Research
- Markets Mixed, With China Dropping, as Trade War Intensifies
- China Is Confronting New U.S. Hostility. But Is It Ready for the Fight?
- China Once Looked Tough on Trade. Now Its Options Are Dwindling.
- Mozambique’s Government & Industry Stakeholders to Meet at Official Gas Summit in Maputo
- Virgin Atlantic soars to new heights with first-ever commercial flight using captured greenhouse gas emissions
- Vectren Shareholders Approve Merger with CenterPoint Energy
China’s MOFCOM to Review Merger in Gas Market have 311 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at February 27, 2012. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.