Thursday night, a KCAL helicopter followed a car chase in Los Angeles, as the driver slowly rolled through traffic and eventually pulled into a Shell gas station. As far as car chases go, it was a relatively tame one. But then reports started to surface that the driver had a weapon. And once he pulled into the station, viewers watching the drama unfold were met with a shocking conclusion — police fired several rounds into the car, as an unsuspecting man who was fueling his car ducked for cover in the middle of it all.
The Los Angeles Times reports that the suspect had stolen another car before jacking the one that led police on the chase. And police fired shots once they saw him waving a gun:
A revolver was found inside the older-model Saturn, said Los Angeles Police Department sources familiar with the incident. They said that officers believed the man was pointing the weapon at people inside a convenience store.
The Times later reported that the suspect died from the gunshot wounds.
Watch the live video of the car chase unfold below, courtesy of KCAL:
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Burglary Suspect Leads Authorities on Car Chase in Los Angeles Before Climbing Into Drain
- California U-Haul Truck Chase: Everything We Know About 90-Minute Pursuit Tracked on Live TV
- The best 4K TVs under $500 for 2020
- RHONJ midseason trailer shows on-the-rocks Joe and Teresa Giudice considering a split: 'Do you just want to end it now?'
- What time is Cold Feet on TONIGHT, is there a trailer and what happened at the end of series seven?
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: 3D-printed cars and drone reforestation squads
- Wild West London: Astonishing moment masked thieves interrupt Australian TV presenter's Grenfell report to threaten her with a GUN and brazenly steal £15,000 camera seconds after she comes off air
- Hail and farewell to those we lost in 2019
- The Best, Worst, and Weirdest of TV in 2019
- From Network to Nightcrawler: why has Hollywood got it in for TV news?
- Cliffhanger! Sunbathers dangle their feet off the end of their GARDEN after landslide sends lawn tumbling into the sea as temperatures hover at 26C following heatwave
- NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 start time, live stream, watch online, card, matches, PPV price
- Best 4K TVs for gaming: 5 TVs to get the most out of your PS4 and Xbox One
- The Florida I Know and Love Is Finally on TV
- The best TV shows of 2019
- Why the Bunnings sausage scandal is just another example of the nanny state interfering in Australians’ lives
- 'A new era for Juárez': pope's visit hails optimism for a city ravaged by drug wars
- Nightcrawler: the story of TV's seedy underbelly
- 'March for Our Lives' gun control rally to draw thousands across US: Everything you need to know
- Ride-hailing Apps Sharply Reduce Drunken Driving Deaths
Car Chase Shown Live On Local TV Ends In Hail Of Bullets have 466 words, post on www.mediaite.com at February 24, 2012. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.