Colombia coach Hernan Dario Gomez has resigned following reportsthat he struck a woman in a bar.The Colombian Football Federation said in a statement Tuesdaythat Gomez stepped down and ”assumed the consequences of hisacts.”The widely reported incident took place Saturday at a bar inBotoga. Gomez issued a statement on Monday to express regret,saying he lost control and lamented what happened.”The Colombia federation wants to repeat and be emphatic thatit regrets and rejects any act of violence by its employees,players or coaches,” the body said in a statement.Federation vice president Alvaro Gonzalez had suggested,however, that Gomez should stay and said he ”is no criminal.””It is two months before World Cup qualifying begins and theteam cannot be without a coach,” Gonzalez said.The federation said it planned to meet Thursday to talk aboutthe situation.Gomez’ assistant Leonel Alvarez is a candidate to take over.Other contenders reportedly are Reinaldo Rueda, Juan Carlos Osorioand Argentine Gerardo Martino, who just resigned as Paraguay’snational team coach.
- Pope Accepts DC Archbishop's Resignation Amid Scandal
- Pope accepts Washington cardinal's resignation amid scandal
- Selena Gomez's New Coach Collaboration Surfaces Amid Reported Rehab Stint
- Pope Francis Should Resign Amid Church Abuse Scandals, 1 in 4 American Say: Poll
- USA Gymnastics president Kerry Perry forced to resign after scandal-plagued 9-month tenure
- State Police union president Pullman resigns amid new federal probe
- State Police union president Pullman resigns amid federal probe
- Wuerl to Speak to Pope About Possibly Resigning Amid Sex Abuse Fallout
- Prescott football coach Mike Gilpin resigns amid program 'division'
- GOP aide working on Kavanaugh confirmation resigns amid past harassment claim
Colombia coach Gomez resigns amid scandal have 271 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 9, 2011. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.