PUBLISHED: 15:00 22 July 2011 BY COLIN ADWENT Stephanie Cornish at the East of England Championships IPSWICH/FELIXSTOWE: One of Britain’s brightest tennis prospects is banned from the road today after being caught drink-driving just 12 hours before playing in a big tournament. Stephanie Cornish was number one seed for the East of England Championships at Felixstowe when she was stopped by police while being more than twice the legal alcohol limit.When the 19-year-old appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court she admitted being caught drink-driving at just before 1.55am, on July 7.Cornish blamed a combination of her slight stature, and not being aware she was drunk, for the high reading she blew during a breath test.On the day she was caught drink-driving, Cornish was due to play her second round match in the East of England Championships, which was scheduled for 2pm.Prosecutor Wayne Ablett told the court police were alerted at 1.52am to reports of an accident in Star Lane, Ipswich, involving a red Mini Cooper, which was seen to drive off.The vehicle’s occupants were said to be a female driver and two males.Officers discovered the Mini Cooper in a small car park in Grimwade Street leading down to the… Read full this story
- Drinking & Driving is a Serious Offense
- Stars Caught Speeding
- Driving in France - Important Rules of the Road
- The Eleven People Your Drunk Driving Really Affects
- The Nitty Gritty of Getting Caught With No Insurance
- Severe Penalties For Using a Mobile Whilst Driving
- Tips to Avoid Stress While Driving
- The Perfect Fast Food Gourmet Breakfast at Home - No Drive-Through Restaurant Involved!
- Quick Jumping, Block Driving and Other Tips to Help Your Offensive and Defensive Football Teams
- Fatigue - A Wake-Up Call For Drivers
Top tennis starlet caught drink-driving have 285 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at July 21, 2011. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.