It’s no secret that the business of practicing law has changed—and continues to change—in ways that are both subtle and dramatic.We’ve covered that transformation over the years in these pages: technology-driven efficiencies, niche practices developed around social change, new challenges to the profession dictated by both gut-wrenching recession and fundamental industrial change.Read all the articles in our special report: What America’s Lawyers Earn 10 Surprising Legal Markets Search Wage Data for Your County But while our reporting on this metamorphosis has been solid, even at times prophetic, it’s been based in great part on the tools of journalism: anecdote, instinct and the oft-competing wisdom of any experts we can find.With this issue, however, the ABA Journal is offering our readers a new—and we believe different—view of the business and the profession.We’ve teamed up with a nationally recognized expert on trends in the legal profession, William D. Henderson of the Center on the Global Legal Profession at Indiana University’s Maurer School of Law. We asked Henderson, a pioneer in the empirical study of the legal industry, to identify and map the movements of jobs and money.Illustration by Stephen RavenscraftUsing a variety of government statistics detailed later in these pages, Henderson and… Read full this story
- Coming to America: One translator's harrowing journey
- Migrant caravan: Hundreds of Hondurans set off on new trek
- US gymnasts say sport rife with verbal and emotional abuse
- Jerry Jones, Paul Tagliabue are one step closer to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- The harrowing story of former NBA lottery pick Robert Swift
- 64 reasons to be excited for the 2016â17 college hoops season
- The Drive of Alon Day: Born in Israel, bred on video games, the Jewish pilot tows NASCAR’s latest diversity hopes
- Oklahoma failed Joe Mixon
- What we think about when we think about Big Ben
- Elizabeth Warren: Can she go all the way to the White House?
What America's Lawyers Earn have 318 words, post on www.abajournal.com at March 1, 2011. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.