(VEN) – According to the 2011-2015 energy conservation and efficiency program of Nghe An Province, the province is striving to save 5-8 percent of energy consumption in this period. Nghe An is a large province with a large population. In the recent years, the province has seen a positive results in economic restructuring with the percentage of industry and services in the economy increasing. In 2006-2010, the percentage of the industry and construction sector increased from 29.3 percent to 33.44 percent with the percentage of the service sector rising from 36.29 percent to 38.09 percent and the percentage of agriculture decreasing from 34.4 percent to 28.4 percent. Along with the economic restructuring was the rapid establishment of industrial zones on which many large construction works such as Sai Gon-Nghe Tinh Beer Factory, Do Luong Cement Factory and Sabeco Song Lam Packaging Factory have been built. The demand of energy, especially electricity, oil and gas has rapidly increased. In 2010, the province consumed 1.2 billion kWh of electricity (an increase of 2.06 percent compared to in 2009), 418,000 tonnes of oil and gas and 178,615 tonnes of coal. Saving a small amount of energy could create huge economic values. According to…
- National Energy Conservation Week to be observed from December 14
- China, Japan to act jointly on energy conservation and ecological protection
- U.S. Senate set to confirm former Ford lobbyist as next energy secretary
- Talos Energy goes on $640M buying spree in Gulf of Mexico
- It's Time to Convince Both Liberals and Conservatives: The Time for a Carbon Tax Is Now | Opinion
- Father's energy legacy haunts Canada's Trudeau as he seeks to heal rift with angry Alberta
- Delingpole: Boris Johnson’s Conservatives Are In Thrall to the Cult of St Greta
- Who will be the next Tory leader? Odds and profiles for Conservative Party contenders after the EU referendum
- What is the National Energy Guarantee and will it reduce power prices?
- Households could save £100 a year as energy price cap moves closer
Nghe An Focuses on Energy Conservation have 323 words, post on at March 18, 2011. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.