When Kelly Fulmer resigned from the Walton-Verona school board this week, after more than a decade of service, he didn’t give a reason.But he told fellow board members in the Kentucky school district they would be reading about him in the newspaper, reports the Cincinnati Enquirer.And they did: Although Fulmer, who listed himself as a “Michigan Law School” graduate on a school district website, has handled 13 probate cases and seven other civil matters in the Boone County courthouse since 2006, he did so using a fake Kentucky bar number, the newspaper says.He even used that same bar number in the Northern Kentucky Bar Association’s legal directory for 2010, according to the article.It appears, however, that Fulmer isn’t a lawyer, at least in Kentucky: Linda Tally Smith, who serves as commonwealth’s attorney for Boone County, says there is no record that Fulmer has a law license in the state, and the Boone County sheriff’s office is investigating.In addition to his Boone County representations, Fulmer is also reportedly identified as a lawyer for several companies in corporate records at the secretary of state’s office.He didn’t respond to the newspaper’s efforts to obtain comment.It appears that no one attempted to confirm Fulmer’s… Read full this story
- On Fox, Trump acknowledges for first time that his lawyer handled 'this crazy Stormy Daniels deal'
- Daily Business Report-April 25, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Is a microwave a stove? A hot dog a meal? The answers could affect hundreds of SC bars
- Daily Business Report-April 12, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Asian crackdown on ‘fake news’ triggers alarm bells
- Neighbors seek to close second Five Points bar
- Daily Business Report-April 19, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- 3 ways the House Republicans’ Russia report directly contradicts the intelligence community
- Bar Star: Lisa Alexander at Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood and Steaks
- Daily Business Report-May 2, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
Using Fake Bar Number, 'Lawyer' Handled 20 Civil Matters, Newspaper Reports have 310 words, post on www.abajournal.com at September 22, 2010. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.