A leading Chinese law firm has opened a Silicon Valley office staffed by the former managing partners of the Perkins Coie law offices in Beijing and Shanghai.In addition to James Zhu and Zhaohui “Zoe” Wang, the Beijing-based Jun He Law Offices has also hired former Jones Day counsel Steven Cui, who previously worked in that firm’s Beijing office, reports the Am Law Daily. Wang will do some work in Silicon Valley but is primarily based in Shanghai, the article notes.The new Silicon Valley office “will help us represent U.S. clients doing business in China, as even today, U.S. firms are limited in their ability to do business in China because of local restrictions against foreign attorneys,” Zhu tells the legal publication. “So joining a Chinese firm will help us remove those restrictions.”Both his and Wang’s clients, he says, are American companies looking to do business in China, although he hopes to represent more Chinese companies looking to expand in the U.S. Related earlier coverage:ABAJournal.com: “Perkins Coie Opens New San Diego Office With 4 IP Lawyers, Plans 50 Lawyers There in 3 Years”
- TCL Chinese Theatre Reopening In Time For ‘Godzilla Vs. Kong’ – Updated L.A. Exhibition Rundown
- IN FOCUS: Thinking out of the cubicle - What lies ahead for hybrid working?
- Global Times: US plots ‘industry stifling’ in Xinjiang, this time targets solar energy industry
- HBO Max: Movies, shows, prices and everything else to know
- James Bond movies ranked: 007's best, worst and everything in between
- Grab weighs secondary Singapore listing after SPAC merger in US
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 16
- The crest condo review: Giant pool + bigger than usual units
- US places India, 10 other countries under currency practices monitoring list
- Toshiba bid to test Japan's corporate governance rules
Chinese Law Firm Opens Silicon Valley Office With 2 Perkins Coie Partners have 288 words, post on www.abajournal.com at June 3, 2010. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.