ABAnow.org, the website of the American Bar Association’s Media Relations Department, has been named one of five finalists in the Law category of the 14th annual Webby Awards, a competition described by the New York Times as “the Internet’s highest honor.”The public can vote to select which of the five will be the People’s Voice winner in the category by visiting this site by April 29. The winner of the public vote, as well as the best site as selected by the contest’s judges, will be given awards at a ceremony in New York on June 14.The other finalists in the Law category are:• Bitter Lawyer, which the public selected as the best blog in the Lighter Fare category of last year’s ABA Journal’s Blawg 100.• Winston-Salem, N.C., law firm Hartsoe & Associates, which describes itself as a law firm “founded on Christian values.”• Immigration Advocates Network, a national organization which supports lawyers working on behalf of immigrants’ rights.• Arlington, Va.’s Institute for Justice, which claims to be the nation’s only libertarian public interest law firm. Its founder Chip Mellor was named one of the ABA Journal’s 50 Legal Rebels in 2009.
- #Romanovs100 nominated for Webby Awards ‘internet Oscar’ & your vote counts!
- Fish farmer on short-list for trio of Scottish food awards
- Here are the nominations for the Burnley Business Awards 2019
- Big names in business gather for pre-awards reception
- Host of Buchan finalists to battle it out at Fishing News Awards
- Event will celebrate finalists in this year's Nottingham Post Business Awards
- Romford special needs teacher shortlisted for international volunteering award
- Cross Street bookshop shortlisted for national award
- This restaurant in Norwich is up for a national award
- Region’s cafes in running for prizes at national awards
ABAnow.org Named a Finalist in the Webby Awards have 289 words, post on www.abajournal.com at April 12, 2010. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.