I’d like you to just spend a moment and consider the scenario I found myself in at the end of the next day. It was 1am and I was in a hotel in Kaesong, a city 10km from the demilitarized zone (DMZ), probably the most tense place on earth. 3 hours previously I was eating dog for dinner and was now getting a massage from a North Korean waitress, with both the guides in the room watching on! I’ve found myself in a few slightly bizarre situations before, but that one probably takes the biscuit.The day was mainly one of travelling, as we made our way from the capital, Pyongyang, to Kaesong in the south of the country. The tour bus headed out of Pyongyang and to one of the many checkpoints in the country. In DPRK there is restriction of movement for citizens. Unless you have a very good reason and permission, you cannot travel outside your home town or area. This is lessened a little during public festivals, but the checks are always there. The checking of papers was efficient, but thorough, and we were soon on our way.We travelled initially on a 10-lane motorway, which was quite… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says US has held direct talks with North Korea at ‘extremely high levels’
- North Korea dismisses WannaCry accusations as 'absurd'
- Satellite pics ‘show North Korea has built a massive statue at Kim Jong-un’s nuke testing site’
- North Korea, exiled from the global economy, turns to bitcoin
- You Can Totally (and Safely!) Bike Tour Through Iraq and North Korea—If You Follow This Guy
- Trump Sees 'New Future' for North Korea, But Path Unclear
- US blames North Korea for WannaCry ransomware wave
- [NATL Analysis: What to Look for at US-North Korea Summit
- North Korea Is Reportedly Testing Anthrax-Tipped ICBMs
- Nauseating Whoopi Goldberg defends murderous regime North Korea, says the country's evil leaders deserve "respect"
North Korea - Vacation in a Secret State (Part 3) have 317 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 26, 2009. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.