The return of Chris Booker to afternoon drive at WXRK (92.3 FM) continues an evolution that new program director Mark Chernoff says he’s confident will make K-Rock a solid part of city radio. The city now has three major rock stations: classic rock WAXQ (104.3 FM), alt-rock WRXP (101.9 FM) and K-Rock. With the last two struggling in the ratings, there has been some discussion on whether the city can support three rockers. Chernoff says there’s “definitely” room, at least for K-Rock. “We’re different from the others,” he says. “Rock at 92.3 is something that fans look for.” Since taking the program director chair late last year, Chernoff has added some daily features, like an all-request hour at 9 p.m., a 92-minute music block after Opie and Anthony in the morning, and a Led Zeppelin bloc at noon with Nik Carter. He also wants a lineup of lively DJs, he says, and bringing Booker back fits that plan. Musically, he says, the big change has been to deepen the playlist so that K-Rock offers tracks that fans are less likely to have on their iPods. “Instead of playing six Pink Floyd cuts, we’ll play 20,” he says. “We’ll have 20… Read full this story
- Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Talks Future Of Gaming, Including Streaming, Monetization, Consoles, And More
- New Spurs boss, Jose Mourinho vows to develop youngsters
- 2020 SEAT Leon Rendering Sees Into The Future
- Suspended ABC Reporter Will ‘No Longer’ Cover Politics After Admitting ‘Bosses See No Upside’ In Reporting Fairly
- The One Show's Alex Jones reveals son Kit has an adorable new best friend – see photo
- Is the new Mustang Boss 302 hiding in plain sight?
- Lucy Mecklenburgh reveals beautiful baby bump in new fitness photos – see pics
- Prince George Flashes His Missing Tooth in Super Casual New Birthday Portraits: See All 3!
- Gogglebox star Scarlett Moffatt debuts new blonde hair – see transformation photo
- New Jetta, SUVs and peek at future cars at Detroit auto show
On the Radio: New 'XRK boss sees rock-solid future have 330 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 13, 2009. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.