McGuireWoods is merging with a 120-lawyer firm in North Carolina, a move that will increase the larger firm’s roster to almost 900 lawyers.Currently McGuireWoods has just one North Carolina office, in Charlotte. The merger gives it additional offices in Raleigh and Wilmington and increases the number of lawyers in Charlotte from 40 to 160, Legal Times reports.Peter Covington, chairman and managing member of Helms Mulliss, will be given the new position of vice chairman of McGuireWoods, the Charlotte Business Journal reports.“Charlotte’s emergence as the nation’s second largest financial center and the growing importance of technology and the life sciences in North Carolina are driving demand for the sophisticated tax, banking, business and regulatory services that our combined firm will be able to provide,” Covington said in a press release. The firm will retain the McGuireWoods name when the merger takes place March 31.
- Coronavirus Australia: Victorian Premier slams Melbourne law firm over virus outbreak
- Law firm Singh & Associates enters into forensic probe practice
- Thousands of Nissan cars could be fitted with emission-cheating devices, law firm claims
- The Men’s Rights Movement Now Has Its Own Law Firm
- Five interesting things about law firm defending Hushpuppi
- Meet Pissetzky & Berliner, law firm defending Hushpuppi in United States
- Law firm bosses branded sexist after hailing their ‘beautiful’ new receptionist
- Bill Cosby still owes over $2.75M in legal fees, law firm says
- Pandemic pushes law firms to consider slashing real estate footprint
- UK's New Immigration Rules Won't Be 'Meaningfully Different' From Past, Partner at Law Firm Says
McGuireWoods Merges With N.C. Law Firm have 246 words, post on www.abajournal.com at March 5, 2008. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.