Seoul is the capital and largest city of South Korea, east of Inchon in the northwest part of the country. Founded in the 14th century, Seoul has been capital of South Korea since 1946. The city was the capital of Baekje (18 BCE – 660 CE), the capital of the Choson dynasty or Joseon Dynasty (1394 – 1910) and the centre of Japanese rule of Korea (1910 – 45), Seoul was the capital of the U.S. military government during the Korean War and thus suffered extensive damage. The city has been largely rebuilt since 1953.Seoul became the capital and designated as South Korea’s only “Special City” in 1948. The modern Seoul, with the area of 605 square kilometers, is one of the most densely populated major cities. The citizens of Seoul are referred to as “Seoulites.” Seoul is one of the top 20 “world-class cities.” The South Korean capital is one of the most prominent cities of the world. It is one of the world’s most digitally-connected cities. It is the commercial, cultural, industrial, political, and transportation center of South Korea. The city is also a centre of higher education, with several universities, including Seoul National University. Seoul was venue… Read full this story
- U.S. breaks off defense cost talks, as South Korea balks at $5 billion demand
- Japan-South Korea Feud Explained: Why Are the Two Asian Nations at Loggerheads?
- Japan, South Korea rescue intel pact after last-minute U.S. push
- U.S., South Korea break off defense cost talks amid backlash over $5 billion demand
- U.S. negotiators break off talks with South Korea over cost of American military presence on the peninsula - which Donald Trump has described as '$5billion worth of protection'
- US and South Korea end talks on sharing cost for maintaining US troops on Korean peninsula
- U.S. considers pulling up to 4,000 troops from South Korea: Chosun Ilbo
- U.S. denies report it's mulling troop reduction in South Korea
- South Korea's food waste reduction plans feature urban farming and modern garbage bins
- North and South Korea: can Seoul's plans for reunification work?
South Korea Travel Guide- Seoul for the Novice Traveler have 341 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 9, 2007. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.