DID YOU KNOW THAT…Perhaps the most famous South African movie is “Tsotsi” by Gavin Hood.”Tsotsi” is a story about a gang leader.On March 5, 2006, “Tsotsi” won the Academy Award for Foreign Language Film in Los Angeles. In his speech, Gavin Hood said, “God bless Africa. Wow. I have a speech, it´s in my pocket, but that thing says 38 seconds. But mine´s way too long. Go to tsotsi.com and there is a huge long list of people. Because I´m accepting this not for myself. This is for best foreign language film. It is sitting right there to start with.Please stand up Presley Chweneyagae and Terry Pheto. My two fantastic young leads. Put the cameras on them, please. Viva Africa. Viva. I´ve got ten seconds.Ten seconds I just want to thank my fellow nominees who I´ve become deep friends with. We may have foreign language films, but our stories are the same as your stories. They´re about the human heart and emotion. It says please wrap.Thank you so much. Thank you to the Academy. Thank you”. Winner: “Tsotsi” (South Africa) Finalists: -“Sophie Scholl” (Germany) -“Joyeux Noel” (France) -“The Beast of the Heart” (Italy) -“Paradise Now” (Palestine)DID YOU KNOW THAT…For the… Read full this story
- Were South Africa really unlucky in the 1992 World Cup?
- Damon Albarn and Baaba Maal: All aboard the Africa Express!
- Khaya Zondo - deadman rising
- How We Won the Ranji Trophy!
- Prince Harry, Meghan: What comes next for the Sussexes?
- World Cup flashbacks: When Australia gave Grant Elliott a disgraceful send-off
- With Khabib vs Ferguson at UFC 249 in US in doubt: Five venues iconic title fight could be moved to
- Recap: A Day in the Big Red Delicious
- Travelers Stuck Around the World as Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Harmony, humility and respect: this World Cup was Deschamps’ triumph
Fun Facts About South Africa have 329 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 23, 2007. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.