The American presidency has made it plausible for the candidates to run for president even if they have no background in foreign policy. It is only the campaigning that matters. Foreign policy has always played a peripheral role.Here, one thing that will certainly help a president in office is his ability to campaign. After all, it requires great skills not only from the candidate but also from the entire staff devoted to polling, media and advertising.For instance, George W. Bush’s campaign in the year 2000 was exactly similar to Carter’s campaign. All he had stressed were the personal qualities and whatever he knew about foreign policy was even less than what Carter did. In spite of this he ran a skillful campaign and won.Some candidates did boast expertise in foreign policy. Most of them were governors who were never encouraged.Former Senator John Edwards showed no interest in foreign policy in his one term. When he was asked if he had any experience to be the president, he answered, “Experience. I’ve been through a presidential campaign.”David Axelrod, political strategist of Senator Barrack Obama, stated, “People get to see how you handled pressure and how you react to complicated questions. It’s an… Read full this story
- President Ramnath Kovind Disposes Of First Mercy Petition Before Him By Rejecting It
- Record Number of Native American Candidates Running in 2018
- Delhi HC Upholds DUSU President Rocky Tuseed’s Disqualification [Read Judgment]
- Missouri auditor candidate faces questions about her role in attorney general office
- Disappointed Donald Trump picks compromise candidate to lead Homeland Security after TWENTY Republican senators said they would vote against border hard-liner Ken Cuccinelli
- Best of 2015; Read 25 Significant Judgments of High Courts in India last year [Updated]
- Industrial Security Managers Should Consider Annual Security Clearance Eligibility Data
- A Nigerian's 3-Year ordeal shows the importance of pro bono work
- Ted Cruz wraps up re-election kickoff tour in Fort Worth by honoring officers' sacrifice
- Mich. gov. hopeful calls eligibility issue 'manufactured controversy'
Is No Candidate Eligible To Become The President In Office Next Year? have 341 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 8, 2007. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.