Let’s look at 8 key steps on how to set up and make money online with a resale rights business.
1. You need your own website and domain name. Stay clear of free web hosting – it doesn’t instill buyer confidence in purchasing your own products.
2. You need to have a product with resale rights to sell. Digital products like ebooks and software are the most common resale rights products. The best thing is you don’t need to constantly carry stock or worry about ever running out of stock because they are digital products that your customers can download again and again without ever diminishing. Another benefit is that you don’t ever need to worry about delivery of goods because once your customer has ordered, they can download the product to their desktop, and you don’t need to worry about postage or packaging to get the product to your customer. Immediate access and immediate download is what makes digital products attractive.
3. You need a payment processor to collect credit card payments. Paypal and 2Checkout are two popular payment processors that are very easy for anyone to obtain regardless of whether you have a merchant account already or not. Paypal is free and you need to investigate the pro’s and cons of using Paypal, whereas 2Checkout costs $50 to get an account set up, but allows you a more professional and trouble free service.
4. You need to upload your product sales page and thank you pages up to your website. Most products that come with resale rights, come with a pre-designed sales page and accompanying graphics for that product which means you don’t have to worry about creating a sales page of your own for the product. Once you have uploaded the pages complete with your payment link at the bottom of the page and the product to the website, you are pretty much ready to start taking orders online.
5. You need Targeted traffic to your website. If your resale rights product is about “How To Train A Dog” you need dog owners visiting your website, so not just any traffic, but carefully targeted traffic. You can use pay per click search engine advertising such as Google’s Adwords or you can find ezine’s within your niche to advertise in. Many ezines allow you to send solo-ads to their mailing list. What this means is that you pay for an email advertisement to go out exclusively with your offer to all of the subscribers to that ezine. This can be expensive, but often produces the best targeted traffic for your offering, and more often than not, is profitable in returns. You can even post in forums, or write articles with a link to your website in the resource box. These are all great ways to get targeted traffic to your website and resale rights product sales page.
6. Collect email addresses. You need a mechanism to collect the email addresses, namely a form that people can “opt-in” to your mailing list. Growing your own mailing list is by far the most important activity to concentrate your efforts on. If you are getting traffic from paid advertisements, unless you collect their details, once they are gone from your website they are gone forever. Unless you have some way of getting them back. This is where getting them to subscribe to your mailing list is vital. Most of the time, resale rights sellers direct their customers to a “Squeeze Page” which is a page that offers the visitor only two options. Option one is to subscribe to move to the next page and find out more information – Option two is to leave the page. Often, a free gift, or free mini-ecourse is offered as a reward for the person to subscribe to your mailing list, making it an attractive proposition. Using a service like Aweber or GetResponse makes the whole process of creating forms, follow up messages and building your mailing list very easy and managable and is recommended.
7. Follow up with visitors who have not purchased on their first visit. Some people will have subscribed to your mailing list AND purchased your resale rights product, but many more will have subscribed and NOT purchased. That’s okay, because now you can send out a series of emails to them, that you have already created in your autoresponder service (like Aweber). This will automatically email them at intervals set by you to offer them good reasons to revisit your website. It might be the answer to the top 3 questions people have asked about your product, or maybe an email of testimonials or even an email just offering further tips with the link back to your website at the bottom of the email. The important thing is to get them visiting your website again.
8. Always be on the lookout to find new products with resale rights that will be of interest to your subscribers and keep them purchasing from you rather than your competitors!
* Always look at ways to build good relationships with your subscribers. Offer them free gifts or interesting articles or resources that will be of interest to them from time to time. Or produce a weekly, fortnightly or monthly newsletter for them.
* Look at other peoples websites, the use of squeeze pages, and how they put together “One Time Only Offers”. Don’t try to re-invent the wheel. If it works for others, it will work for you too.
* Don’t be afraid to test everything. Your sales page headline, your money back guarantee, or your product price.
* Offer related bonus products for free with your resale rights product to create even better value for your customers.
* Steer clear of 10,000 guaranteed hits type advertising for your website. They are ineffective, and you will lose money. Stick to the methods mentioned above and always remember “targeted” advertising produces results.
* Don’t ever spam. Make sure you only send emails out to people who have “OPTED IN” to you mailing list.
* Don’t spend TOO MUCH on your first resale rights products. You should be able to purchase good quality products to sell for less than $100, and often even for less than $50 with full resale rights.
- Myles Jury has his mind on his money and money on his mind
- Regional chiefs step up pressure on German football federation boss
- Swisher takes another step in rehab with two hits
- 49ers’ Derek Carrier ready to step in at tight end
- Kearse stepping up for Seahawks
- Finally dumping Jackson shows Cubs making moves for the right reasons
- How to make money betting California Chrome in the Dubai World Cup
- How to make money betting American Pharoah in the Belmont
- Pac-12 proposes allowing athletes to make money off names
- Making the grade: Far Right, winner of the Southwest Stakes